April 21, 2010

p.s......adam lied




Eve is done. I look at her and I'm not sure how I feel about her. With my current state of mind, I look at this piece and feel as if I'm being strangled. It gives me feelings of being caught, trapped, tied down.
But she is done and for better or worse I will submit it to a local gallery for their June show. Fingers crossed. I do have to varnish the heck out of it. Did the first two layers - which did not go well at all. Some of the fabric is bubbling and I don't like the varnish I'm using. It's still Liquitex, but a gloss medium & varnish - not the high gloss that Alma recommends. My bad. What can I do, what's done is done & I can't undo it - must go forward. Just like my life.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer,

Came over from flying lessons to check out your blog. I like your Eve. I never made art on such a large scale, looks like fun. Best wishes to you for the gallery show.
♥Jenny

beth said...

Hi Jennifer, This purple of lady of yours is lovely! I love that you are sharing the process and progress of your work. I too, so often start in one direction with my artwork and end of with something else, and most often en up with something better than creative vision I began with. That is part of the excitement and reward when I create my art. I am very exited to begun our class and have been aching to fly for some time now. Looking forward to getting to know you and our fellow classmates better. Your creatively, Beth Megquier

Jenny Wynter said...

Oh my goodness, are you kidding? I LOVE this! I'm a total purple freak, so it's right up my alley. Lovely.

Thanks so much for stopping by my bog, so lovely to be connected.

Jen. (aka Comic Mummy)
x

Jenny Wynter said...

Oh boy, yes, please stop by my BOG anytime you feel like it. (Don't know about you, but here in Oz a 'bog' means something that you really would not want to stop by, or if you did, you'd want to block your nose and probably book yourself in for some therapy.

Hehe.

Nic Hohn said...

I love your use of patterning!

Thanks so much for your words of encouragements....greatly appreciated.