June 9, 2009

Natural Art






















Don't you love it when you find cool stuff in nature? Well, I do. I feel like Mother Nature made it for me to find - to discover - to see it in a new way.  The beach is a great place to find objects. We went to Tillamook Memorial Day weekend and took a hike around Cape Lookout.  A hike that switch backed down a cliff to a quiet beach.  The kids hit the sand and broke out into a full gallop.  I found a worn piece of drift wood and took a rest - I don't quite have the energy level of my kids - fancy that!  I loved sitting there in warm weather - a rare occurrence for the Oregon coast - watching the kids run unselfconsciously all over the beach - arms waving wildly in the air.  My son came running up to me, hands full of beach treasure, and said "This beach is rich!". And he was right. It was rich - our world is rich with treasures - it's just a matter of seeing.  

No comments: