November 6, 2009

Just Journaling

Here are my first attempts at 'art journaling'. Just playing around with some exercises from a book. Not brilliant, but a beginning. See, no need to critic me - I do it myself. Actually, I'm very good at it. You have no idea how hard it was to do these pages. I simply have a hard time letting go and playing. I want the directions, I want the steps. And what I'm finding out in my attempt to live creatively is that there are no directions. You just go Nike on it and 'do it'.
A real struggle for my 'all things must balance' bookkeeping mind. As much as I dislike bookkeeping for a profession, there is that element of balance that appeals to me - very black and white - it either balances or it does not. Very easy to see if you have it right or not. This is not the case in creative living! Is this 'right'? Is this balanced? Is this done? You can see where I drive myself nuts. I'm my own worse enemy. If I could just get myself out of the way I may stand a chance at this new life I'm trying to make for myself!
Short and sweet today. Must run and get ready for a women's retreat I'm going to this weekend. You have no idea the anxiety I'm feeling over this.....these aren't AA women, these are church women......very nervous not knowing what to expect. But then I suppose life would be rather dull if we always knew what was coming around the corner. It's all o.k. - it's always o.k.

No comments: