November 5, 2009

Stiching
















This is a little something I whipped out - inspired by a exercise from the Oct/Nov 2009 Quilting Arts magazine. Started with freezer paper - painted - tulle glued over top and then stitched the detail on top. I made a panel and sewed it to a cloth grocery bag. I gave it to a friend who graciously helped us in our 'garden' this past summer. This amazing woman came over in her work clothes and gloves and took charge - telling us where to move plants etc. The whole front area feels much better. Yes, I know this is November and I am just now getting around to the thank you.....hey, better late than never - right?? I've gotta tell you - I really loved the feel of 'coloring' with thread. It was a lot of fun. I could see myself doing more of that. I also liked the doodle like feeling of the flowers going all over. The article in the magazine does such a better job of texture and dimension - colors over lapping colors. I really struggle with all that. Not sure how to give my work depth. Bit frustrating, but I think the important thing is to just keep trying. Like Dory from Finding Nemo - I've got to 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'......'just keep creating, just keep creating'.

No comments: