December 22, 2008

Arctic Blast 2008


For those of you that don't believe we are getting blasted in the Pacific Northwest just take a look at what Old Man Winter has done.  These trees are usually almost as tall as our roof line. They look like they are bowing in submission to the elements. Matt and I had to get our shovels and whack as much snow and ice off as we could - they didn't fully spring back, but hopefully they will survive.
I was in such a funk yesterday I didn't even log on or do any blog surfing.  I didn't create a thing.
Today I feel much better as I forced myself to get up early and do as much as my normal routine as possible. I even got out and walked with a friend to get a hot cup of joe. It felt good to be out among the living.  I would have made a horrible pioneer woman. If it had been up to me to settle this great land of ours I don't think I would have made it past Plymouth Rock. So God bless all those that braved the wild to come out west - hardy women (and men I suppose). 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hello there! Sorry to hear about your cabin fever but I am sooo jealous of your snow! I cant wait til we get some down our way...your latest projects look great! I love that Kelly Rae book too :)
Heather