December 28, 2008

Treasures


Look at my Christmas treasures.  Aren't they lovely.....so many potential creations....Is it weird to smell your art supplies??  My Stabilo Tone pencils smell so divine - nice and woody - lots of potential in them - I just know it!
I suppose I actually have to take things out of boxes/containers and use them to create something - no elves to come and do it for me while I sleep.  But for today I am just happy looking at them - thinking about things.  I dare say I do too much thinking. If I spent as much time on doing as I do on thinking I wouldn't have a place to stand in my house - it would be that chuck full of  realized projects.  But I'm ambling my way there - currently at a snail's pace - even the elderly ladies with their walkers padded with tennis balls are moving faster than I am.  But it's all o.k.-one day at a time and all that jazz.
I tell you what was inspiring to see - the Nutcracker. Madeleine & I got to go to the rescheduled performance yesterday.  I had bought tickets because I thought it would be a fun mother/daughter thing to do at Christmas and also because one of the teenage boys from my Sunday school class was performing in it.  Well, can I just say that kid can dance!  If I had a drop of his talent, converted into my style of art, I'd be creating masterpieces.  A benefit of it being a local production was that it was a smaller, more intimate theater. My daughter could hear the dancers' ballet shoes tapping on the floor. She got to see a person she knows from church show his talent upon the stage - a 'real' person, not just some professional flown in for the occasion.  I want to encourage my kids to follow their passions as much as possible and yesterday I was able to show her an example of someone who is doing just that.  It was encouraging to me as well. I may have a few years on this dancer (well, o.k., more than a few), but is it ever too late to start following your dream?  I know I sound like a Disney film, but I'm doing this thing - this creative thing.  I have no idea what will come of it - if anything - but I can't believe God would put this much desire in me and not help me pursue it.  O.k. - must run - I'm getting myself all choked up.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ballet dancers absolutely depend on foot strength to prevent misuse, as they do not generally wear supports in their Ballet shoes and pointe shoes. If needed, however, orthotics, or foot levelers, can be worn in dance shoes.