January 4, 2009

Messing Around



No major projects under taken at the moment - just trying to tie up 2008 and get my head around 2009.  So to keep myself going I have been doing some doodling in my long forgot art journal. Actually, I don't know what to call this journal - just a gathering place of ideas & inspirations, sketches, practicing, dabbling, playing and well, basically messing around. 
I feel a little naked posting these photos and please keep in mind I have had NO art training what so ever - so be kind when you look at my crooked mug and all the other imperfections.  Give me some numbers and a bank statement and I can make magic happen - give me pencil and paper and tell me to draw & I'm like a deer caught in headlights.  
Well, folks, it's back to the real life tomorrow. Kids back to school and it's a working week for me. Routine, routine, routine - it's a love/hate relationship for me - like a torrid love affair. I need it so much and things go so right when I have it, but then I resent it for the very reason I love it - the confines, the structure, being told what to do and when to do - so I leave it, kick it to the curb and try to live life without it. Disaster, resulting in miserable surrender and begging for routine to come back. It always does.

No comments: