January 29, 2009

The Sweetest Treat


So here she is - my prego lady for the "Sweet Treats" entry at the Sixth Street Gallery.  Now you are probably wondering how this translates into a sweet treat so follow me on this one. My original thought was this - I love nude women (please don't read more into that other than I appreciate the female body on an artistic level!) so I basically wanted to create a nude. How to work that into a sweet treat? That's when 'bun in the oven popped into my head - with the recent pregnancy of my friend Janet helping to spur that image along. But at the end of all this as I'm painting the final touches and after holding my friends baby grandson, I thought "Aren't babies really the sweetest treat of all?" Many of you may be thinking "Heck NO!" or "It depends on the day you ask me" etc. But the bottom line is all life starts out as a baby of some sort - and for the female to create this inside of her body is an absolute miracle.  I won't get into the part of the baby growing up to be a middle schooler.....that is a whole other piece of art involving lots of black and an occasional splash of color! 
Over all I am very pleased with her and wish my photos did her justice. I hope she will be well received, but I have to thicken my skin in case she isn't. I suppose I must realize not all people will like my stuff and to find a way to be o.k. with that.  I like her and am well pleased with her - isn't that the opinion that matters most?  

No comments: