January 2, 2009

Redefine in 2009


















My mottto for 2009 - REDEFINE.  It's the new year and since 2003 I try to come up with a motto for the year - just my own personal hang-up.  I have made some progress on my mottoes since 2003 - which was "Don't F--- with me in 2003". What can I say - that was a bad year - separation with husband, near divorce and hanging on the edge of sanity by my fingernails.  Yes, I'm in a much better space now.  So with a little help from the dictionary here is what Redefine means to me:  to redetermine the limits or nature of myself - to restate the meaning of myself - to recreate myself.  A good, positive goal for 2009.  
The photos above show you exactly where I like to recreate myself.  This is our converted dinning room that is now my space to create.  I like my space. It's cozy.  When I walk into it I feel like I'm slipping into my skin.  Being comfortable in my own skin is a new experience for me. By far the biggest gift of the AA program.  
Well, I really must dash - off to what, I'm not sure, but it's pushing noon & I really must move beyond the pajamas today. Plus, it may be time to start doing all this creating I'm talking about. The past 2 postings have been a bit of a cop out - photos of things already existing. 

No comments: