January 10, 2009

Connections




My God loves me.  I know this in so many ways, but especially today.  It started when I woke to discover a beautiful fog covering my neighborhood.  I love fog.  I don't exactly know why, but I just do. Something so comforting about it - feels very snug and cozy to me.  It feels peaceful and serene - it seems to make the world a quite place.  
So I got my fog this morning - a big hug from God.  And then as I sat at my computer with my steaming hot cup of coffee (in my happy flower mug) connection after connection started to happen.  I had spent some time journaling about a connected moment I had this week. I had been on my knees in prayer - in total frustration over the state of my life.  Miserable in my bookkeeping job and feeling guilty because in todays economy I should be grateful just to have a job.  So there I am, bended knees, head down, telling God I have so much more I want to be doing. Ha! - me  TELLING God what I have planned - yes, I see the humor.  My reply was that I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing in this moment - at this time - in this day. I answered that there is so much more that I want out of life. Response - Why would I give you more when you are not happy with what you have right now.  Ouch.  I sunk a little lower when I realized the truth of that statement.  I spent the rest of the week focused on living in the moment and being grateful for exactly what is. 
So I am at my computer, catching up on a week's worth of emails, blog viewings etc. and the power of connectedness hit me broadside.  I reconnected with a friend who was instrumental in getting this whole art journey going. I got connected to a website offering a collage workshop that I have now signed up for. One thing after another.  Boom, boom, boom.  It has left me a little breathless this morning and very excited and worked up.  I am now off to spend an hour in my backyard - working on clean up that should have been done months ago.  I don't feel one bit of resentment about having to do it - it's all o.k.  I am at peace today, in this moment, at this time. 

No comments: